18/02/2020 0 Comments
Why Asphalt Paving Is the Right Choice for Most Property Owners
Asphalt paving performs wonderfully in all types of temperatures. Bitumen, the binding agent in asphalt makes the pavement extremely durable and long-lasting. The maintenance process isn’t complicated and costs minimal. It also boosts the aesthetics of your property. You can contact our contractors at Custom Blacktop Co. to help you with your paving needs. We have been providing paving services to both residential and commercial properties since 1972.
Benefits of Asphalt Paving
Asphalt paving lasts for several decades when maintained properly. Also known as blacktop, the asphalt mixture consists of 95 percent of aggregate and the rest five percent is a bitumen. Aggregate is a mix of crushed stone, gravel and sand. Bitumen is an extremely viscous liquid and binds everything together. So, filling cracks is simple as you just need to pour cold liquid asphalt into it. You can also sealcoat the surface to increase the lifespan of the pavement. You can simply spray a coal tar sealer or use a squeegee.
Many varieties of asphalt are available for paving and you can select one according to the requirements of your project. For instance, hot mix asphalt is better for roads with high traffic such as highways. Warm mix asphalt does not require high manufacturing temperatures. It is mostly used for patching purposes. Mastic asphalt has less bitumen content and is used in play courts and roofing.
Some of the key reasons which make asphalt paving a popular choice are:
• Environmental Benefits – Asphalt is an environmentally friendly choice for majorly two reasons:
- It is recyclable. In fact, most of the asphalt pavement can be recycled.
- It is porous and therefore, allows water to flow through. As a result, the groundwater replenishes and you also avoid the water running off from roads.
- Asphalt production consumes less energy.
• Faster Setting – Aspahlt sets quickly. Our professional paving contractors use the advanced installation process to ensure the job is completed faster. If you are planning to pave your parking lot, the paving can be completed in one or two days while concrete paving takes more days. Asphalt dries after 24 hours of installation.
If you are finding it difficult to choose between concrete and asphalt for your pavement, read our blog ‘Asphalt Vs. Concrete Paving: Which One Is Right For You?’